Eminem Buys a Bored Ape NFT for $462,000
Marshall Mathers, best known by his stage name Eminem, is a hip-hop superstar and the most recent A-lister to buy a Bored Ape NFT.
- As previously reported by CryptoPotato, the floor price of NFTs from the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) collection has increased by 35% while falling for NFTs from other well-known collections.
- This may be in part because several mega stars, including Steph Curry, have gotten on board and purchased a Bored Ape for their Twitter profile images.
- Now, none other than hip-hop megastar and icon Eminem has joined the excitement.
- The community has already dubbed Bored Ape #9055 EminApe, and the Oscar winner paid 123,45 ETH for it.
I’m living in a simulation, said the Twitter user with the name GeeGazza who sold the monkey to Eminem. I appreciate you joining the club and purchasing my ape, Eminem. Madness. Let me create a lyric for your upcoming hit, he offered.
- In his multi-decade career, Eminem has won 15 Grammy music awards in addition to the 2002 Oscar for Best Original Song.
- He joins other well-known people who have invested in the Bored Ape NFTs, including NBA player Stephen Curry, who paid $180,000 for one, and entertainers Jimmy Fallon and Post Malone.
- One of the most well-liked NFT sets on OpenSea is Bored Ape Yacht Club, with a current floor price of 73.5 ether, or around $280,000 per unit. Its floor price first reached CryptoPunks’ at the end of January.